Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Found it!


My tracking book (the newer version than the pic) was on the coffee table under the tv listings, how I missed it - I have no clue but I'm happy now. Those paper trackers drive me crazy just in how quickly I can destroy them. So I transferred the last three days into the book and discovered that on Sunday I had written a couple of things down twice (once in planning and then again after consumed), so yay me it wasn't quite the food a palooza I had thought.

Yesterday I swung by my second home (Walmart) and picked up a few of those Nestea singles (on sale), these are the saviours to my water drinking, I put one in a litre of water and it just makes it more interesting. I do aim for one litre of clear water a day in addition. I also picked up a candy thermometer for under $5, take that Micheal's and your $37 version. For $37 dollars it better do something else...like laundry.

I also went to Safeway to get a loaf of Como bread, it's 1pt for a slice. Has a sourdoughy taste. I think it's low in points because it has a lot of bubbles, it's not a dense bread. I made spaghetti squash for supper, I love spaghetti squash and had a piece of that on the side.

I'm trying to get creative food wise, I always find (especially following flex plan) that I get into a routine with food. The same thing for most of the day, everyday just because I know the points. I also find I have an aversion to recipes with long ingredient lists. I like to make stuff up or follow a recipe of less than 6 ingredients. I'm totally into the food network just to get ideas but I do find most of the shows are not so concerned with nutritional info (i.e Paula Dean - butter in everything). I enjoy Dave Lieberman, just because he's a cutie patootie but also because he typically uses a budget. Rachel Ray's figure friendly recipes always seem to have an awful lot of EVOO.
Fairly Random today...on that note...Have a Groovy Day!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE watching cooking shows! I too find that Rachel Ray uses SO MUCH EVOO.
I am always on the lookout for new recipes as I find that I eat the same thing every week. I did try a GREAT new recipe for Chicken Strips and Onion rings on Sunday....check out my post for the recipe.

Ann said...

What's EVOO?
FYI: Sara Lee Delightfuls bread is 1 pt. for 2 slices. I think it tastes pretty good. I buy the multigrain.