Thursday, April 12, 2007

Doosie of a Day


Glutton behaviours have reared their ugly head my friends. Yesterday was not perfect but alright with the potluck and the chocolate peanut butter pie. Today has been down right stupid.

Two baked goods after I already had breakfast. A hodge podge of lunch made up of left overs from the pot luck (WW bun with a bit of spinach dip as a sandwich, a bit of potatoe salad and a wee slice of blueberry pie) aaannnnddd I'm going out for supper tonight. Why do I do this, I know it has a lot to do with PMS but really you think I'd learn my lesson by now.


I'm not beating myself up, it's one half of a day of silly decisions fueled by hormones.


I did do some dancing at the bus stop to "Busta Move" at least I think that's what the song was called. I just sort of nonchalantly bounced when I realized that people might see me.


Alas the day is not done, I'm drinking water like it's going out of style, already checked the menu online for healthy options. Providing I don't get home too late there will be a workout squeezed in. No alcohol or dessert or appetizer at the restaurant.


Yesterday I had a little spa day, pulled out my Origins face scrub and warming mask in the attempt to treat why poor shell shocked skin (winter, spring, winter, spring). A few moons ago I used to work for The Body Shop and I was a product goddess. I faithfully did my multiple steps of face care. Now I do the basics but I don't do the scrubs and masks as I used to. I think a lot of it has to do with how skin care is marketed now. There are far more multi-purpose face cloths out than ever before. What's so bad about every once in awhile slowing down the process and sit still for 15min with a face mask.
Take a few minutes to be at peace with yourselves today.
Later

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Love your attitude!!!

Your right it is only half a day!!!

Carolyn said...

You do have great attitude and I'm loving the spa idea!! Hope yu have a great weekend and good for you for planning your meal ahead of time (restaurants can be KILLER!)