Monday, August 28, 2006

Back to civilization

Well I'm well rested and now back into the crazy pace of city life.
Pretty much spent the week sleeping, eating and catching up on all the soaps I watched last summer. It was good :)

Food was a total disaster since but I was only up 0.8 so I was quite happy with that. I didn't even stick to my training schedule. It was all about being relaxed and quiet.

Did get back into the game upon my return to the city. Did a 10k walk on Sunday, was supposed to do 13 but considering I barely moved a muscle the week before I'm not too disappointed. Tonight is 45min so that's very doable. What I really need to do is focus on the strength training.

The only stories I have to tell is of a psycho squirrel who liked to chase away the birds at the bird feeder...yup that was the most exciting thing to happen. Well there was gridlock traffic in the town nearest my Dad's place. No traffic lights so this was due to a large truck trying to make a left turn at a 4 way stop...y'all get the picture.

It's good to be back in the city but I actually started to think that living out there might not be so bad in the years to come. I'm a bit of a hermit normally and have pretty much resolved myself to dying alone (no need for any "I'm sure someone will come along") I'm not dead set on being the crazy lady with 20 cats but I'm not afraid of being alone either. I will attempt the internet dating thing again but I think after the marathon just because it takes up so much time this training business.

:)

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Ah...the psycho squirrel sounds like something to see. ;)

Glad you are back..and of course you won't die alone! Silly girl x You're too young to be thinking like that. My sister lives in Calgary and is single..and 35 years old and okay with it like you are. If you are happy alone..that is the best way to enter a relationship anyway. That way you are with someone for the right reasons. Not because you need them or don't want to be alone. Just my 2 cents. ;)