Sunday, August 07, 2011

You lose it when you don’t use it

This morning I had a conundrum. I had to mow the lawn today as it just needed to be done. I also wanted to go to the gym to have another go at my run/walk program.

I decided to go to the gym first because if I went with mowing the lawn I’d be pretty tired afterwards.

First I needed breakfast so I decided to try something new today.
001
This Bob’s Red Mill Muesli mixed with a one container of Yoptimal strawberry yogurt and a glass of skim milk.
002
Plus a mug of coffee, I’m a Star Wars fan not really an M&M fan but couldn’t resist the mug.

I walked to the gym (15min) and got on the treadmill with the intention of picking up where I left off and that’s 2 min run/ 1 min walk. OMG I got through one interval and realized I needed to take a step back to build back up so I continued with 90 seconds run/ 90 seconds walk. I did that for another 7 intervals and walked for the last 5min so 30min in total on the treadmill. Then I walked home from the gym.

This is how I felt about today’s workout.
004
I have to make it a priority to keep up the run/walk as I do have the half marathon in January.

I debated buying a Vivanno smoothie on the way home but looked up the NI on my Starbucks app and it would have been 7 ProPoints and that’s with skim milk. So I decided against it and went home for lunch.

005
The leftover Quinoa and Wheat Berry Salad from yesterday with some grape tomatoes added to bulk it up.
I decided to use those 7 ProPoints that the smoothie would of cost me on a bad weakness for me.

006
This was an impulse buy on Friday, I seriously need to stay away from this as I love it so much.

I then mowed the lawn, weeded the flower beds and got the sprinkler going as my lawn was bone dry.
008
Dinner was inspired by an old family tradition. When I was little every weekend the family and I would go visit another German family for Cafe Zeit  (a variety of baked goods and everything had whip cream on it) and it would turn into dinner which was a buffet type deal with a variety of breads, crisp bread, sausage, cheese, pickles, pickled onions, pickled beets and a variety of mustards.
On the plate I have grape tomatoes, mini dill pickles, pickled beets, natural salami, hummus, one pita cut into 6 triangles and some Havarti.
007
It’s 3 ProPoints for a slice but it’s a good sized slice.

I did get pretty snacky later on but I tracked it.

My work bag is packed and the note is on the hall mirror so I don’t forget to pack my lunch tomorrow.

Now I attempt to wind down so I can get to bed and get some good sleep before my alarm goes off at 4am.

The book I downloaded is called Shrink Yourself by Roger Gould M.D. Another one I would recommend is Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think by Brian Wansink Ph.D. This one is really interesting on how our brain perceives things like guesstimating the amount we’ve eaten. We’re not so good at that.

Hope you had a great Sunday.

2 comments:

Enz said...

Thanks for the info on the books. Have a great week.

carla said...

LOVE THE SMILE ABOUT THE WORKOUT.
(yes, Im shouting)

Im hoping to be smiling after mine today, too.

MizFit