Friday, July 20, 2012

Cleaning machine

Whoa I was a chore devil this morning. I weeded flower beds, watered flower beds, dusted, vacuumed and started mega laundry day.

I'm washing all the bedding today as my Dad is coming in tomorrow. I'm also using my ridiculously fancy dryer to steam clean all the sofa pillows, bed pillows, comforters and quilts. Still have a few loads to go.

I'm now the proud owner of a slightly preloved Canada Goose long winter coat. It's a touch small so that's some serious motivation before winter.

I've been seriously lacking motivation, well there's a flicker but I need a raging inferno.

Off to my Dad's on Sunday which is kind of like going on a retreat. He lives on a acreage and the nearest town is a little over half an hour away. It's so quiet there. I do sleep well there as there are no neighbours, no cars and no buses going by. plus it's got the country air going for it. I'll also see the cats. It looks like we're down to four. Dusty has disappeared. It's not uncommon for them to take off and wander back months later. They are feral/ farm cats. My buddy Fred (my favourite of all the cats) was there last week so I hope he sticks around. The two oldest male cats (Fred and Spook) take turns being around the house.

Running is pretty much out this week as there's high bear activity in the area. The only option would be to go outside alone. Instead I'm packing a skipping rope. I figure it's cardio building and easy to do close to the house or in the basement if it rains.

It's also a week to self reflect. I loaded my Ipad with books on running, meditation and of course some silly summer stuff (Harlequin).

So I doubt I'll blog until I'm back next Sunday, well if anything interesting happens maybe.

I just wanted to wish you all a good week.

Hugs!!!

2 comments:

Enz said...

Have a wonderful week away relaxing and regrouping. Destress!! This losing weight and exercising stuff is hard enough without being stressed all the time about other stuff.

Hugs.

Enz said...

Have a wonderful week away relaxing and regrouping. Destress!! This losing weight and exercising stuff is hard enough without being stressed all the time about other stuff.

Hugs.