Friday, November 21, 2008

Time Flies

I can't believe I haven't posted for practically a week. Time flies and having limited internet access at work has certainly curbed my blogging habit. Probably for the best :)

So with my first week done at my new job I'm itching to do some real work. I've read most policies and procedures, still don't have a computer and had to go find things to do today. I'm off to Fort Mac on Monday and Tuesday to meet the rest of my team and at that point work will be transitioned to me. Apparently my recruitment team will be looking to staff over 1600 positions. I'm going to be busy and I can't weight.

On the WW front it's been a total disaster this week. I've purchased some sort of latte every single morning and ate out for lunch every single day. My choices not particularly good as I found the food court with all my favourites. Didn't go to the gym once as I've been adjusting to my new work hours. Up at 5am was killing me from Mon - Wed. This morning wasn't so bad.

My new company gives a nice chunk of cash towards a gym membership and I'm seriously debating on being a member of two gyms. Craziness I know. I can't use it on my current membership and I'm locked into that one for 2 years. The second gym is one block away from work and as winter approaches a gym that has inside access where I don't even need to leave the building is mighty appealing.  It's pretty hard to get off the bus in freezing weather knowing you'll just have to get on another one to go home.I'm going to tag along with one of my coworkers to check this other gym out. The other bonus is I can get the money for this year ans still get money for 2009.  No decisions are made at this point.

In class yesterday out instructor said we have up to two weeks after the class has finished to hand in our papers. Music to my ears. Though my mission this weekend is to get up to speed on all the materials as I'll be missing next class due to a christmas part and leaving half way through the following one for another christmas party. What can I say, I'm new to the company I need to participate.

I know weigh in will be brutal this week. Now that I know my new environment I'm good to go for next week. 

Alright that's all for now, I must catch up on all your blogs.

Later!

2 comments:

Diane Mandy said...

With so much going on, it's understandable. There's always tomorrow!

The Glitterati said...

Hope your new job is continuing in its awesomeness, and that the paper-writing hasn't gotten you down. We miss you! :)