Friday, November 14, 2008

Metamorphosis

I think I'm in the process of rebooting myself. For a long time I've felt a bit like a hamster on an ever turning wheel and now I feel like I've been let out of my cage. It started with the new job which is the best work opportunity I've ever had  and add to that my successful update of wardrobe. I kind feel like I've got a different kind of motivation now, I don't know how to explain it but it's sorta neat.

Since I've been off work, I haven't tracked a thing. I'm just eating when I'm hungry and I'm showing losses on the scale. By no means is my current food intake necessarily healthy. Fresh fruit and vegetables have not been that evident. Water consumption is also nowhere near where it should be. I haven't been to the gym since my last day of work. I've been doing a lot of walking around instead. It's like I needed a vacation from everything just a minute to breathe. 

I'm ready to get back into it now, tracking will start tomorrow. Since Saturday is my weigh in day it seems like a good start. That doesn't mean I"m going crazy today either. I'll go to the gym this weekend. I need to establish a new pattern with my new work location. I'll plan my workout schedule as I get sorted so for next week I'll get the lay of the land. I know that my new position will be split between two buildings, what I don't know is if I'll have a permanent home in both buildings or be more of a traveller. In my start package the company mentions 6 lifestyle initiatives that they offer so I'll check those out too.

I'm making ice cream today, it's a frozen yogurt/ice cream. I was at Linen's and Things this week and picked up a Cuisinart Ice Cream maker on sale. I've wanted to make my own sorbets as there never seems to be that much of a selection. The bonus of making it yourself is that you control what goes in it.

I couldn't find the next book in the Twilight series yesterday, all they has was the first book.

I'm meeting friends for dinner tonight so I'll swing by a bookstore on the way.

Have a great day everybody!!


1 comment:

Angela Power said...

Everyone needs a break from this madness when you've been at it for a long time, that is for sure. There had to be an adjustment period when you start a new job to get into your new routine. Congratulations on the new position and I like the sounds of a "lifestyle initiative" that sound great!