Thursday, May 08, 2008

Stress and all it's various forms



"I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now"
Edna Mode - The Incredibles



My life has felt very topsy turvy lately. I wish I had the nonchalance of Edna. Let me break it down.

Work:

Two us covering for two others who are on vacation, a wee bit crazy.

Yesterdays staff meeting resulted in being told that we're not making as much as we're supposed to and that there will be a re-organization that has been approved but things still need to be figured out before anything happens and oh yeah - no lay offs ...yet. Wow what a downer, the whole room went quiet.

What absolutely kills me is why discuss plans that aren't ready to be rolled out. All that creates is people updating their resumes.

School:

I'm getting a bit freaked out about this weekends test and making an intelligent sounding moderator questions. I'll get it done, that is not the worry.

I have a theory about stress. I consider our lives to be in spheres i.e work sphere, home sphere, school sphere. When stress is one sphere - no worries it can be handled. When stress is in two spheres - now it's getting a bit crazy. When stress is in three tiers - hide under a blanket.

Home:

I have had a hard week food wise. Unhealthy choices are easy to make even though I know better. It's like I'm in a funk. The funk needs to be shaken out.


The Wii came today so perhaps that will introduce some fun and distraction into my life for now.

The important thing to remember is this is just a blip, a blib that takes all your attention now but it will go away in time. Just roll with it.
Hugs!

1 comment:

Diane Mandy said...

Hang in there lady! Stress can certainly put us in a funk--food-wise and otherwise. I hope all will work out at work!