Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Call me disruptive

Another fabulous yoga session yesterday with a wee bit of coughing thrown in. At the end during relaxation/savasana I was having a coughing fit. It was ridiculous, I couldn't stop and I felt so bad that I was disturbing these people. The wonderful instructor came up to me and made a bit of a bed of yoga blocks and a blanket so my chest was raised and that calmed the coughing.
After the session I told her I promise not to cough next week. She was so sweet, she said to let her know about this sort of thing and she could come up with modifications.

I also came to decision yesterday, if you note above I've removed the tracker for the half marathon. I will not be competing. My heart is just not in it. I don't want to walk another half marathon. I do really want to incorporate some running into my workouts. My knee issue awhile ago scared me a bit. I realized I'm not quite so indestructable that I always thought. I must listen to my body as I push it. I'm going to start with a 5K. My goal is by the end of the summer I will run a 5K race. I don't think I care for long distance races. I'm happy that I've done two half marathons and a marathon, and that's good enough for me. Who knows what the future will bring but for the moment it's not in the cards.

I'm still going to pick up my race pack as I don't get any money back. I paid for that t-shirt dang it. I will definitely still go and cheer on my friends as they run the half marathon. I will happily play race support for them.

Another lesson learned today. If it's got anything to do with Wii, pre buy it. I foolishly thought I could stroll into my Walmart today and pick up a wii fit. Stupid, stupid, stupid - they are sold out across the city. Now I must wait until the next shipment comes in. Oh well, probably for the best as I really need to work on my portion of a group project tonight.

Tracking is still going very well and I'm taking that day by day.

That's all for today then, have a groovy day!

Hugs!

3 comments:

Jaime said...

I hear you on the WiiFit. I thought this might finally be my chance to convince DBF we should have one (what was I thinking? he doesn't want yoga, he wants car racing...LOL) but then found out that they were sold out before they were even released. Booooooo!

The Glitterati said...

Hey! I haven't been around the blog world for a while, but I'm having fun catching up on yours. You got a wii???!?! That is so exciting! I'm also so proud that your tracking is going well... everyone out here seems to be trying to eat healthier (moi included!), and you're a total inspiration!

Hope you feel better soon and get rid of that nasty cough. I'll be coming home late August-early Sept, and I can't wait to see you!! You can even meet the boy! :) Hugs!

Diane Mandy said...

Groovy--now that's a word I haven't heard for a while! I like it. Hope your having a groovy day as well.