Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Friday, it's 30 degrees and I'm stuck inside

It's hot out there, that's 30 degrees celsius by the way. I am not fond of hot weather, and when the UV index is high (at an 8 today) that just freaks me out. Yesterday I saw some pink people running around.

After my skin cancer scare about 5 years ago I've been relatively diligent about protecting myself. I even keep a bottle of sunscreen in my desk. I do like summer but not crazy hot. If it stayed at 20 degrees I'd be very happy.

I need to be the picture of time management this coming weekend and week. The long weekend will have a chunk of time dedicated to school as I have 3 projects due on the 25th. My Dad is coming in that weekend with plants, alas I don't want to leave everything for the 25th. I had hoped to go see Iron Man but I don't think that's in the cards between textbooks and prepping flower beds.

Our restructuring plan was rolled out at work and I'm relatively unaffected, whew! It will interesting to see how this all rolls out in the future.

I was totally shocked that Whitney won ANTM, not that I didn't think she could do it but the look on her face while waiting for the results looked like she thought she had lost.

I'm kind of looking forward to the slew of summer reality show coming.

Tomorrow I face my fears and go to WI. I didn't tell you all but I skipped last week to study. I have not been so good with the tracking but I'm hell bent on going tomorrow. It's time to face the scale and get my act together.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun long weekend

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

good luck with your weigh in!