Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Blood sugar levels are tricky

I tracked for the 3rd day in a row...yippee. My day did go a bit wonky towards the end. After work I decided to attempt Christmas shopping. I have two friends that want books so I headed off list in hand to see what I could find. First I went to McNally Robinson (it's a gorgeous store) and I found nada. Couldn't find any of the books they wanted. I then tried Coles, they had the authors but not the books so I guess Amazon is the way to go.

I debated having dinner in the mall but knew that my choices were limited. So I decided to go home as I was super hungry. I was so hungry by the time I got home I had cereal for supper. Of course I didn't have my afternoon snack so my blood sugar levels were pretty low. I'm very happy that I avoided the temptations of the mall. Unfortunately I didn't stick to cereal when I got home there was some additional snacking but I tracked it all.

Tomorrow we have our Christmas potluck so I'm planning low breakfast (oat bran) and low supper (veggie soup) and be cautious at the potluck. I'm not going to avoid anything but I'll pick very small servings of things I know are high and fill up most my plate with low. I'm bringing the request I get every Christmas potluck...really decadent scalloped potatoes.

Must head to Walmart tonight to pick up some odds and ends for my Christmas list.

Well that's all for me today.

Later

No comments: