Thursday, December 27, 2007

Back in town

Hello All,
It was a beautiful drive back to Calgary today, the mountains were covered in snow and at 9am the moon was still in the sky as the sun rose.

I stepped on the scale when I got home and was surprised to see the number I saw, I was expecting much worse. I enjoyed my 2.5 days at Dad's. It was very calming and relaxing, watching the daily soap opera of the squirrel trying to shoo the birds away from the bird feeder, but the birds return when he has his back turned.

I always re-discover the CBC at his house as he has 4 channels. For those of you who aren't familiar with the CBC it's the good old Canadian Broadcasting Corporation typically known for it's news, documentaries and quality children's programming and of course......Hockey Night in Canada. Every Canadian can hum the theme to Hockey Night in Canada. However the CBC is breaking from tradition with shows like Little Mosque on the Prairie which is quite good. They have some really good dramas as well and it looks like there are some interesting shows coming like MVP-the secret lives of hockey wives.

It was a bit of sensory overload returning to my digital cable, the sad this even with 200 channels there can be nothing on.

Before I left I bought a cheap DVD player for my basement so I can do workouts downstairs. I plan to return to the gym next week....just in time for all the new year resolution people.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: