Thursday, October 25, 2007

So tired....


Went to the seminar last night, it started at 6pm and there were 4 speakers so it didn't end until around 10pm. When we got out we realized that the rain/snow had started and it was coming down fast and furious. I had a cotton jacket on, luckily I had my mitts. The game plan was to get a cab but considering it was also a hockey home game night and the first real snow there wasn't a cab to be found. The weather was truly ugly, not super cold but visibility was so so and roads were starting to get slick. One company said 20min - no cab. Next company said 1hr. I saw cab after cab go by but none turned into where I was. Then grabbed the public transit train downtown figuring I might be able to flag one down by a hotel or the restaurant strip. I was covered in snow as I attempted to flag one down but some jerk hopped into it. Luckily a bus that I can take came by so I grabbed that and walked the 3 blocks home. I got home at 11:30pm. Today I'm zonked with a late hip hop night on Tuesday and even later night last night. Positive thing I didn't have to shell out any moolah for a cab, boy was I happy to see my house.
This morning there was just a bit of snow on the lawns and parked cars, nothing on sidewalk. Right now it's a balmy 4C celsius so anything remaining will melt.

I think I'll be going to bed early tonight. I should run tonight and the weather looks way nicer, I think I will. I'll go straight home, change into workout clothes and head out for 30min...unless I find myself falling asleep on the bus home. I can use a Friday run as my back up plan.
Have a groovy day everybody!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Snow!! Yikes!!

Sorry you had a rough trip home!

Living to Feel Good said...

Snooooowwww. I am jealous!!!