Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Spring?


I guess it's too soon to say spring is here especially here in Calgary, where snow can appear at any time. However, I do love that's it's light out leaving and coming home from work.

I love that strawberries are everywhere and that they're getting cheaper.

So at Running Room we had a nutritional information night and quite frankly it was a joke. This woman was talking about trace minerals and himalayan sea salt and stuff. Nothing based on any scientific research done in the last 50 years. Nothing about the food guide and a healthy balance of carbs and protein. It was such a waste of time.

Then our fearless leader decides that we're going to walk on the creepy side of the pathway (where very curious people are, lots of places to hide and did I mention not well lit). After we passed quite a few curious people, my friend and I ditched her route and went the other way. We let her know so she didn't worry but I'm sorry if my gut doesn't feel right about it...it ain't gonna happen.

My friend and I walked 8k and we didn't have a piece of cake or a cafe mocha afterwards. We just stuck to water. That's a major NSV for us.

Both of us were up last week so the goal is to keep each other in check and stay focused on the goal.

Tomorrow is my turn to bring dinner and I made the Indian Appalous from the Eat, Shrink and Be Merry book. I'll let you know how it is.

Have a great day everybody and stay strong.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I keep meaning to get that cookbook. Have you made lots of recipes from it?