Sunday, March 10, 2013

Fear Truths

The spring time change is probably my least favourite as you lose an hour, however I'm feeling fine now. We'll see how it goes at 3:30 am tomorrow.

I woke up at 4 am today and just tossed and turned so I switched on a light and started reading Feel The Fear and Do it Anyway by Dr. Susan Jeffers. I read for about 30 min then went back to sleep and judging by my FitBit my second sleep was a lot more productive then the first time.

As I fell back asleep I thought about the Fear Truths listed in the book.

1. The fear will never go away as I continue to grow
2. The only way to get rid of the fear of doing something is to go out and do it
3. The only way to feel better about myself is to go out...and do it.
4. Not only am I going to experience fear whenever I'm on unfamiliar territory, but so is everyone else
5. Pushing through fear is less frightening than living the underlying fear that comes from a feeling of helplessness

Now it's going to take me awhile to work my way through this book but I tracked yesterday and I tracked today. In the spirit of #3 today I headed out for a 4 mile run/walk. My last run/walk was January 28th, every time I've headed out since it's just been walking. There's nothing wrong with just walking but today I decided to reintroduce 1 min of running with 1:30 of walking. It felt great, a little treacherous as there where some icy patches so to evade it broke into something that looked like hopscotch.

I'm going to message my Facebook friend to meet up for coffee next time in the Calgary office.

I'm going to run again tomorrow, then on Tuesday use that awesome crossfit app that Coffee Cake and Cardio introduced me to called WOD Genius and then on Wednesday run again.

So with that I leave you for now and hope you have a fantastic week ahead.

Hugs!!!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like some good advice from the book