Monday, June 18, 2012

Vegas Aftermath

Hello Again,
Well I arrived back in Calgary at 12:20am and managed to breeze through customs and was in a cab right away. Got home at 1:30am and quickly grabbed what I would need for later today out of my suitcase. 

I then attempted to sleep until 6am. I was then off to downtown for meetings and came home around 2:30pm. I was practically falling asleep on the bus. 

Tomorrow it's back to site so a 3:30am wake up call. I will definitely be in bed early. I so want a nap but know that would kill sleep chances so I will distract myself for as long as I can. 

Vegas was super fun and it was great to spend time with my friend P again. 

When we got I there on Thursday our room wasn't ready yet and they said they'd text me when it was ready but they never did so by 3pm I went and asked. 

I love Aria. The room was fantastic and uber high tech. A control panel controls the curtains and lights and even the tv. I had some funny moments when I accidentally put the room in total darkness when my friend was in the bathroom. 

There was shopping, much walking, gambling on my part and discovering diet Dr Pepper Cherry with vodka is fantastic. We started with a small bottle of Grey Goose vodka and then discovered the Whip Cream vodka which I don't believe is in Canada but I'm not sure. 

I got the Nike fuel band and it's charging right now. I haven't played with it too much yet but I'm going to start tomorrow. 

 I also bought myself a birthday gift of a Tiffany bracelet. 

The other popular store for us was Bath and Body Works. I love the scent of Rain Kissed Leaves and everything was on sale for $3 a shower gel sort of thing. I don't think the Canadian stores got this scent in their sale but I don't know for sure. 

I also scored at the Victoria Secret sale. 

I bought two black bikinis on sale at the Gap, I have to admit I might have been a wee inebriated when I made that purchase. 

However on Sunday we were sitting in Bellagio watching people at the pool and I was pleased to see some bigger girls totally rocking a bikini. 

I did actually go the gym once and I must say Aria has one spectacular gym. I counted at least 15 treadmills and a variety of weight equipment. For a fee they offer an indoor hike, yoga and other classes. The dressy clothes never got worn either, with all the running around we had no energy for shows. 

We never made it to the spa or pool either. 

While we waited for our planes on Sunday we decided next time there can be no list of things we want to buy and we try to embrace the pool and enjoy Vegas at a leisurely pace as opposed to the running around we normally do. 

I would definitely stay at Aria again. It had just the right pace and vibe for me. It was busy but not too busy. When I gambled I got regular service from the waitresses offering a free drink. I always tip at least $1 a drink those girls work hard. The rooms are nice and hallways quiet. A nice variety of restaurants too. 
Easy access to the Miracle Mile shops right across the street. 

Food wise I threw WW out the window and enjoyed myself, I did eat primarily vegetarian,  but now the vacation is over and the focus must get turned on. Now it's back to focusing on goal and Fitbloggin. 

Hugs!!


2 comments:

Enz said...

Sounds like you had an awesome birthday. Welcome back!!!!

charm73 said...

Whipped Cream Vodka is in Canada! I live in BC and saw 2 different brands this weekend.