Sunday, May 27, 2012

Dusting off C25K

I admit my running has been on a major back burner lately and my goal to finish C25K fell by the way side.

Today I dusted it off. So far I've yet to go past week 2 well not past day one week 2. That's where I started today. My goal this week is to finish week 2.

This morning I headed out after a cup of coffee. It went fine. I just tried to focus on technique as opposed to speed.

The deets in miles: 33:48, 2.25 mi, pace 15:03, 195 calories burned.

Tracking is still on and water is great as well. I'm happy I got that Venti Starbucks cup. My water intake is doing so well.

Now I'm looking to the week ahead. So Tuesday and Wednesday I have late meeting nights that will go till 7. That means morning workouts must return at least on Wednesday. I did realize that if I'm working later I don't need to be at my desk at 6am which I usually am.

When I land on Thursday I'm heading out to dinner with some co- worker/ friends. Right now the plan is Craft Beer Market. I've already scoped out the menu and I plan to warn them in advance I'm focused on a good weigh in.

Saturday is my birthday and my Dad is coming in, not so much for my birthday but planting needs to be done. That's so my Dad and I know he'll bring a cake. Now I'm thinking about weighing in on Friday. On Friday I get my temporary crown as well - fun times.

So weigh in on Friday would have to be a drive by weigh in as I need to be at the dentist at 1 and meeting ends at 12:45. Plus I need to have lunch sometime. Weighing in on Saturday just seems simpler at least I don't need to worry about that till I get home.

So it will be an early night as I have an early flight tomorrow.

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Hugs!!!


2 comments:

Debsdailylife said...

You are so right!! Form, posture, breathing, technique comes first!! Speed will follow!!! If you try to go to fast, youll get frustrated, burn out, and give up.
Heres to a great last week!!

Jillian said...

Hi,

I have a quick question about your blog, do you think you could email me?

Jillian