Friday, May 11, 2012

Motivation

That was the topic at my WW meeting today. I hadn't originally planned to weigh in today and was aiming for tomorrow but I then decided to go today at noon. I just wanted to face the scale and take responsibility.

Up 1.8 and not surprised. Last week I was hardly behaving like anyone following a plan. Workouts apart from badminton on Monday non existent. I did set my alarm for 4 am on Tuesday but after waking up at midnight then tossing and turning I chose more sleep over the treadmill. Eating wasn't horrendous but could have better.

I think it's a sign that today's topic was motivation.

This is what was written on the whiteboard.

What motivates me?
Why do I want to lose weight?
Do I want it badly enough?
Why is it important to me?
How do I reframe?

I've been a chubby kid most of my life and I'm tired of it. Vanity is definitely a component but so is health. I want to age gracefully and be active.

Lately I've definitely been complacent. So the badly enough comes into play.

My roller coaster behavior has to stop - now. I'm turning this ship around.

The only thing in my way has been me it's time to use that energy on succeeding.

And that starts immediately.

No comments: