Saturday, March 03, 2012

No more excuses

Kind of fitting that today's meeting topic was about exercise. That has been a challenge for me recently.

When I get back to camp by 5:30 -6pm I can schedule it but lately my end time is erratic. My schedule is a 10hrs a day but that can easily turn into 12 or 13. That's when I run into trouble.

The camp gyms are having some issues with over crowding due to the volume of people staying there. There are solution being worked on that should be sorted by the end of this month. This includes adding equipment to the bonus rooms in our sleeping wings. They're not used now so when a treadmill, elliptical, bike and free weights go in it will be perfect as it's only a few doors down from my room.

However now if you're not in the gym before 6pm good luck getting a treadmill.

I've come to the realization I should become a morning exerciser during the work week. Now when I'm at home I can be a morning exerciser but that's partially because when I'm home I'm not working. So I can get up when I want and it's easy to schedule it in the day.

I'm going to try a new strategy next week. This will involve getting up at 4am and hitting the gym. The good part I can work out Tues - Thurs no excuses. The bad part is getting up at 4am. I might need to sleep in my workout clothes.

It's a fine balance as I like to be in the office early and right now I go in at 6am. I'm also conscious of not disturbing my neighbours. Our rooms are like dorm rooms except we all have our own bathroom. Now I've never heard my neighbour in the shower but that could just be we have different schedules so if I take a shower at 5am and then blow dry my hair hopefully that doesn't bother them.  Right now I'm an evening shower person.

My routine won't be too badly disrupted as I can eat breakfast at work and not in the kitchen so that saves time and all I would need to do is pack my lunch and then hop on the bus to the office.

The other reason I like to be in the office early is it's a less busy time. Around 6:30pm more ruckus occurs as that's probably rush hour in the morning.

Today at WI I was up 1lb and though was up from my last WW weigh in it's down from when I stepped on my bathroom scale last weekend. We had a sub leader today and I guess they had a sub leader last week too. I guess our leader Deb is having issues with her schedule and the Saturday morning meeting which kind of sucks. I like her and we just got her after our other fabulous leader Tony stopped being a leader. We'll just have to see what happens.

I found a new flavour in my new favourite yogurt. I'm really liking Oikos by Danone. It's their Greek yogurt line and the individual containers are 2PP. Today I found key lime. Now normally I'm purely a berry girl or moka in terms of yogurt but this was yummy.

Today is also 3 months away from my birthday. I got a new 3 month tracker today so it will see me straight to the weigh in the day before my birthday. I have two weigh ins left until the end of the Spring Chick Challenge.

I can still have decent finish.

Tomorrow I finally attempt Turbo Fire, review to follow.

Hugs!!!

4 comments:

Enz said...

I like the Fibre One Key Lime Yogurt. On the old plan it was 0 points, on the new one I think it's three - I haven't had it in a long, long time.

Getting up at 4 a.m.? You are one dedicated woman!

Enz said...

Thought I had your email address...YES to your comment on my blog. You are stuck with me ;)
I signed up for the Summer Challenge too.

Enz said...

Thought I had your email address...YES to your comment on my blog. You are stuck with me ;)
I signed up for the Summer Challenge too.

Candice said...

I an dying to hear how you did with Turbofire ... I have seen the commercials - and keep thinking I should try something like that.
Keep doin' what you do girl!