Saturday, March 10, 2012

Good reminder

Pleasantly surprised by a .6 loss today. I didn't weigh myself at all yesterday or this morning at home so I didn't have a clue.

I also enjoyed the meeting topic about portions. At camp I have to eye everything. So it was a good reminder that a tennis ball is about a cup.

Someone in the meeting said that a typical restaurant will serve you 30% more then what's listed as the serving size on their nutritional info. Holy smoke that makes you think.

After grocery shopping yesterday I pulled out my WW calculator and wrote the points right on the package. I love Danone's Oikos line of Greek yogurt. So far I've tried strawberry, blueberry, key lime (all 2% MF) and cherry (0%). Well I saw a new one raspberry/pomegranate now I was about to write 2 on it as that's been the points on all of them so far. I stopped myself and ran the numbers. Well this one is 3PP. Just goes to show it's good to double check. It's yummy by the way.

I've tried the key lime one with a teaspoon of graham cracker crumbs and it's key lime pie at far less points.

After today's WI I hit the gym for an hour of Zumba and an hour of Iron Reps. It's been months since I've done either class. This time I really want to make incorporating cross training a priority in my half marathon training and just general training for life.

Zumba was so much fun and I got my sweat on. My polar heart rate monitor had issues 15 min in so that was unfortunate. I almost talked myself into going home after Zumba but then reminded myself that strength training has been missing for far too long.

Iron Reps is a free weight class set to music and each song covers a body part for example there's a back track, tricep track, bicep track, shoulder track, abs track, squat track and lunge track. I despise lunges. As it's been a long time since I've done this class I stuck to beginner weights. For some parts like triceps that was perfect but for other parts like biceps and back I could have done more. Now I know for next class

I can tell I'll be sore tomorrow even after beginner weights.

Including the walk there and back I earned 13 AP today. I planned today as a bit of a treat day so it's a good day to earn a whack of AP.

During parts of Iron Reps I could definitely tell I need to incorporate more stretching. I must put more focus on yoga. I haven't rolled out my mat in ages either. This week I'll do that tomorrow, Monday after work and I could on Wednesday after work as well.

Tomorrow is a run/walk day. I'm going to take it easy and shoot for min 3 miles or max 4 miles tops. I won't focus on speed but more on dusting off the cobwebs.

As I'm planning Tue and Thur as early workouts those will be run/walk days. When I start adding a Wed early morning workout that will focus on strength. Now I won't add that just yet. I'd first like to build the early morning habit and that will take some practice and establishing new habits.

I'm also debating on changing my WI day mainly because there having a hard time getting a consistent leader for Saturday at my location. It looks like Deb is gone and we've had subs for 3 weeks. Today the sub was Barb who does the Friday noon meeting. I really enjoyed her she's funny and has spunk. I'll give it a couple of weeks but at least I have the option.

Don't forget to turn your clocks forward an hour before you go to bed it's daylight savings time. I also need to plug in my Garmin so it's ready for tomorrow.

Hope you all had a great Saturday!!!!

3 comments:

Enz said...

My Garmin couldn't find a satellite last night for our Learn to Run clinic. I was so pi$$ed. I was really looking forward to comparing pace/distance as the clinic goes on. Not sure what's wrong with it, but it didn't want to connect today either :( It's worked fine the previous times I've used it. It did connect to the heart monitor though and I can tell from the log when I was walking or running. Hopefully I can get it to work tomorrow morning.

Enz said...

P.S. Congrats on your loss!

Virtual Paul said...

Thanks for the clock reminder!! I am new to your blog and followed. I wanted to say "hi". I also blog about my weight loss journey.