Thursday, August 16, 2007

Life is funny...

Everyday on my way home from work I pass a dance studio that offers classes in hip hop. I have often thought to myself how I'd really like to take that class but didn't do anything with that thought....more on this in a minute.

This Vegas trip is with my friend A and 4 of her friends that I don't know that well.

Well last night went to A's house for a Harry Potter book club meeting. She made amazing chicken kabobs and potatoe salad. One of her friend brought an amazing strawberry spinach salad, another friend brought an awesome hummous. Not too much book talk, instead we got talking about SYTYCD and watched the second last episode (there were people present who hadn't finished the book and didn't want to know how it ended). Two of the people there are part of the Vegas group and I think we got along like a house on fire. I'm going to go to that hip hop class with them starting in September.

To give a little back story. A has had these friends since University. A and I have known each other since Jr. High but went to different Universities. Quite often if I'm hanging out with her and some of the friends I feel like I don't really belong. They're super nice but the only thing we have in common initially is A. So it was super nice to sort of bond with people and find other things in common.

We also had dessert at this shindig. I can not resist M&Ms Caramel Apple Pie.

I'm getting my hair cut tonight and I need to swing by the post office to pick up the parcel from Amazon Germany.

Have a groovy day everybody!

No comments: