Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Part 5 - Last Day and Karaoke!!!

I have to admit I was a wee sad that my last day had already arrived on the 26th of December, the 27th was going to be a pure travel day so this was my last chance to pick up souvenirs and soak up Tokyo.

 First off the breakfast of champions, cream puffs but just not any cream puff these are filled as you order them.

 As I headed to the train station I noticed Christmas disappearing, there is no boxing day in Japan and everything was switching over to New Years.
 This was a huge Christmas display the day before.
 Train station exit gates you scan your card or insert your ticket. Today I was off to Sengakuji to the temple where the 47 Ronin are buried with their master.

 Ticket machine
 Lots and lots of stairs in train stations
 This was the first time my travels led me to a more neighbourhood area.
 This temple is tiny compared to others I had seen but the museum was open so I saw a video and they ran it in English for me about the story of the 47 Ronin and saw some artifacts.









 Where the Ronin are buried
 Lord Asano, their master's burial site.
 More of the 47 Ronin
 Street view outside the temple
 More stairs but I like the directional arrows

 All the Christmas displays I had passed in the train station are now focused on New Years.


 I was back off to Shibuya Station for some karaoke. A mural dedicated to Hatchiko the dog, the Aussie, American and I were meeting at the dog.

As we were waiting for our 3rd person a tv crew approached me and asked to interview me about Japanese food, yes I'm on Japanese TV

Now off to Karaoke

 Very creative English inside the Karaoke place and here you rent your own room - sound proof room.
 We were on the mermaid floor


 In the our room

 My Karaoke control programmed to English

 The menu and there is an all drinks included option, we booked 2hrs and opted for the no all drinks included.

 I had a cream soda float, yup cream soda is green in Japan
 They made me start with a Madonna medley but then I sang Celine Dion, U2, George Michael, Alanis Morrisette and Carly Rae Jepsen

Can you tell I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

 What I found when I went in search of the bathroom, there were a lot of people alone in their room.



 Karaoke was so much fun
 Off to my go to JR Yamamote line as I head back to Ginza for last minute souvenir shopping.

 I went back to Misukoshi and walked through were you can order a custom Kimono, no photos allowed unfortunately but I don't think I've ever seen such beautiful fabric.

 Last festive lights of Tokyo

 Tada New Year's celebrations begin


 I found Tirimasu Haagen Daz
 Yup gold flecks in the chocolate sauce.
 My last Japanese beer


No comments: