Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mysteries of life and random thoughts

At my Dad's house I had no control over what I was eating really with the exception of breakfast cereal.

Food at Dad's house consists of the following:
Breakfast - Either cereal or hard boiled eggs with toast and coffee
Lunch-Always a protein (wieners, beef or chicken) and usually a starch (pasta, rice or potatoes).
With a few veggies tossed in
3pm- Coffee time, which includes coffee and some type of pastry (donut for example)
Supper-Out of 7 days, 5 nights were Dr. Oetker frozen pizza (different types). They were on sale for $3.99 and Dad had 10 in the big freezer.

When I got back to Calgary I stood on my home scale.....the results....I was down 2lbs from before I left. I did not move a muscle the whole time I was there either. It rained daily which means mud and slippery grass in the country.

This has got me thinking that perhaps I have not been a) eating enough ,b) eating enough protein and c) eating at appropriate times.

So for the remainder of the week I'm going to do a little experiment. I'm upping my protein and making sure I have an afternoon snack. I'm not going to start eating donuts everyday but rather have a Kashi bar.

This morning I scrambled one egg with egg whites and a green onion had it with one piece of toast for breakfast. I had brought a big salad for lunch yesterday so I have left overs for lunch today, but I brought a chopped up turkey bite and some plain sunflower seeds to up the protein.

Tonight I must head to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for birthday smore brownies for work on Friday. I'll also pick up some fresh veggies and a few more protein options.

I'm starting to think a once a week grocery shop is not the greatest idea for me as I get bored. When I was in Europe I noticed that people bought a litte throughout the week. Mostly because they had tiny fridges not like the giant ones North America uses. At least this was the case at the time.

I'm a terrible food planner, I can't plan a weekly menu to save my life. I can handle a few days. So I'll try to plan a few days at a time over the next few weeks to see how it goes.

Boot camp is looming closer and I'm getting scared. I know there will be different levels of fitness and it's more a scary anticipation then afraid of the actual boot camp.

The back of my head is also thinking of giant oil company's final decision as that is also looming.

I miss naps

I'm tired of all the songs on the radio, why must they play the same ones over and over again.

I hate it when the guide on the digital cable lies and tells you the name of the show you want to record but that's not the show that's on. I wanted to record Work Out, not last 10lb boot camp.

Alright that's enough for today...peace!

No comments: