Thursday, July 03, 2008

...and another step

Giant oil company phoned today to say they hadn't forgotton about me and that they were still very interested in me. They should have a final decision by next week. Stampede hits this fair city on Friday with the Parade. They're closed, we're open. My recruiter and I then chatted about the Stampede and what one likes about it. Him the freshly made kettle corn and the mini donuts for me. Either way my waiting will be over next week.

Of course I know they were also verifying that I was still interested in the position by calling me.

My colleague went on an interview today and loved what she heard at that company, so it will be interesting to see what happens in the future. There are 4 people in my department, another colleague has gone part time to focus on her own business. So they might be down to one....

Loved the show Workout that Jackie seems like a kick ass trainer. Really enjoyed x-weighted last night too. As I watched these shows I really came to the realization that I'm not putting a whole lot of effort into my efforts. I found out today that I might be losing my boot camp buddy, makes no difference I'll see this through even if I have to go by myself.

I am also addicted to the Mole. I'm leaning towards Alex at the moment. One of these days I'll take the mole quiz and find out if I'm even close.

Alright that's all I have for today.

Later

1 comment:

Fatinah said...

glad you heard from that company - always nice to know they haven't forgotten about you.

I watched X-Weighted - I love it when they are episodes filmed here in town. I really enjoyed the episode - did you find the one husband a bit of an ass? I thought for sure they would show them breaking up by the end of the 6 months. When the girl was trying on the dresses and he was so disinterested - I just wanted to hit the tv!

I haven't watched Workout yet - saving that for the weekend.

I think the mole is Mark...