Thursday, June 13, 2013

I do it for the bling - you got my number runDisney

Hello my friends,

I took the day off today and got down what I had originally planned which was get the flower beds ready and get the patio set out of the shed.

This week I packed up my office for my return to the home office in Calgary. When I went to site I had 4 boxes and I'm coming back with 5 boxes, mind you there's a mini keurig and steel toed boots so it's probably only 4 boxes of actual office stuff.

The Disney Princess Half Marathon weekend went on sale on Tuesday, I knew when it opened but I still wasn't 100% sure I would attempt to go. The thing I was most interested in was the Glass Slipper Challenge, now I'm doing the Disneyland version at the end of August - the Dumbo Challenges. It's a 10k on Saturday followed by a half marathon on Sunday.



The Princess Half was going on sale at 10 am my time and I had a pretty busy day so I remembered at around 1:30 pm. I thought if it's still available I'll do it. Well the Glass Slipper Challenge was only 88% full when I logged on so I'm going. It sold out in 6 hours. I also signed up for the race retreat which gives you a more private area to eat, stretch, private bag check and port a potties.


Then I saw this


The pink Coast to Coast medal....I got the regular Coast to Coast medal in November when I went to Disney World for the Wine and Dine Half and I did the Inaugural Tinkerbell Half  the previous January.

Well I have to have it in pink...hello. Right that minute I signed up for the 2014 Tinkerbell Half. That means a half in January and February. I have never done halfs that close together before.

Which might actually be my problem as I do one get home stop training then I sign up for another one and have to start training from the start.

So I got a little crafty and put this binder together


It holds the Jeff Galloway training plans for Dumbo, the Tinkerbell Half and the Princess Half found on rundisney.com. I didn't see a training plan for the Glass Slipper Challenge but maybe that's coming.


This is purely the run portion of training, I need to get a whole lot better at cross training and I do think my move back to Calgary will help with that as I will have access to the Iron Reps class at SpaLady more often.

I've also found my Hal Higdon and John Bingam training books. I definitely like the Jeff Galloway Run/Walk method so I'll stick to that for running. The pieces I need to add are strength training (Iron Reps) and flexibility (Yoga).

This means I also need to get over my lazy attitude about training in winter. Before I bring on the tech long johns it will mean continuing training after Dumbo to keep building and not fall off the wagon.

Hope you are all enjoying your Thursday.

Hugs!!!

No comments: