I was up .4 at WI today and all in all that's not so horrendous. My tracking was practically non existent since I left for the half marathon. However today is a new week and like I said yesterday - Game On!!!!
So Week 6 is all about getting back into it and to address Stormy's questions.
- Best moment so far - Tinkerbell Half by far, it re-ignited by race mojo
- Not so great moment - not being as far along in weight loss as I wanted to be
- Any funny stories - the guy during the race holding up the sign that said "Worst Parade Ever"
- Are you where you hoped you would be in this journey - No, but I also realize training for a half marathon isn't exactly when one should be thinking about cutting calories and it also works as a heck of an excuse
- Would I like a buddy for the last 6 weeks - Sure, the more support and encouragement the better
- Anybody wanna chat online sometime - I'm open to text messages or twitter but I don't spend a whole lot of time on a laptop mostly my iphone or ipad.
I embrace the mini challenge of focusing on water - I was planning on that anyway
My goals for Week 6 are:
Minimum 2L of water per day
Food - I treated today as a treat day so used a good chunk of my WP but the goal is smack on 26pts from Sunday to Friday. I'm trying the strategy of if I really want something and still want it on Saturday I can have it.
Fitness - put my new workout plan into action. Today I had planned to go to Zumba and Iron Reps but I felt off and was sneezing a lot so I just walked to weigh in then Walmart and back home again. I can breathe through both nostrils now so tomorrow I plan to run I'd like to do at least 30min.
Fun-Not sure about this one, right now I'm embracing my race mojo and building a stronger base
Today I headed to WI and my usual routine is to stop at Starbucks and get breakfast. Shock and horrors my Starbucks is closed for renovations. So I went to Safeway and got their breakfast sandwich (two egg whites, whole wheat english muffin, bacon and cheese) it's half the price of the Starbucks version but they nuked pre made egg whites which Starbucks does as well. However it tasted a heck of a lot better, the Starbucks version is a bit dry.
Now I'm thinking I should go to MacDonald's. The Egg McMuffin is exactly the same number of points as the reduced turkey bacon version at Starbucks, and the Egg McMuffin has a freshly cooked real egg. McDonald's also makes just a good of a latte and it's way cheaper. Gives me something to think about anyway.
I'm happy Deb my regular leader is back next week. The sub was good but not the same. I have 4 weigh in coupons left so I plan to make February fantastic.
Hope you all had a great Saturday.