Saturday, April 28, 2012

Some times status quo is alright

My 3 days in the Kananaskis was pretty good. It's the first time I've stayed at the Delta Kananaskis and I didn't realize how big the complex was nestled in the woods. You're pretty isolated that's for sure.

The funny part was there were 2 other groups from my company there. One group works with me at site so it felt like we took over the hotel.

I have to admit coaching a team of directors was daunting but they're not so different from any other team. I did feel honored when our nominated team lead wanted to run things past me as I was leaving.

The hotel had a tiny gym that opened at 6am, breakfast was served at 7am. I never got there. My old boss's boss is also a trainer and she was there and held boot camps at 5:30am. Yeah first day dinner went to 11pm. I never made it. I did try to be mindful with all the buffet meals and focused on veggies. They had beautiful pathways but due to bears we were told not to go alone. That sucked as I would have loved to run outside.

I went to WI yesterday at noon as I wanted to test out the Friday meeting. I do really like this leader. I stayed exactly the same which for this week I'm happy with as I was at that training for 3 days.

There was a bit of drama in the meeting when one woman started having some outbursts. No one knew her. When I was waiting to weigh in she had an altercation with the front desk girls. Then the leader was talking about a boot camp she went to and this lady starts saying we don't need exercise classes if people stopped driving and walked. Then the leader was telling us how she had chips and dip for supper. Now this was more an example of how everyone has their moments of off plan behavior. This woman bursts out " you're killing me" and then goes on a rant that we talk about food. Ah ok food is the reason we're all there. Then she rants that instead of talking about clementines we should talk about more local fruit. Well the whole meeting came to the defense of the leader.

It's funny at the training when the coaches were together we talked about having a minimum of 3 women on a team forms a coalition.

Eventually she left. I get that she's very environmentally conscious and there's nothing wrong with that it's just how she went about it that was a little rude.

Well next week I need to go to Saturday's meeting due to having to go to another conference. After that there are no schedule differences till I leave for Vegas.

Today I went to Zumba and it was fun ad always. With that and the walk there and back I burned 727 calories .. Booyah.

Tomorrow it's C25K.

Hope you all had a good week.

Hugs!!

No comments: