Thursday, May 08, 2014

Expedition Everest Weekend - The parks

Well Hello,
I can't believe how fast time flies even though I'm not working, applying of course, but all day yesterday I thought it was Tuesday. On Wednesday I met with the person helping with the clearance certificate for my Dad's estate and I discovered I had to collect some information before I can complete that.

Today I went to the library and renewed my card and did a bit of grocery shopping.

I covered the race and expo recap but thought I'd share the outside the race details of my Disney World trip.

For one thing this is my first trip that I experienced and abundance of Florida rain.

On Friday I did do a bit of park but I wasn't enjoying the rain so much and wound up buying another poncho as I foolishly left the one I brought with me in the hotel room. When I headed out it just looked cloudy.

 This was at the expo on Friday, it went from light drizzle to torrential downpour. Of course no one in the expo was selling ponchos, not even the small Club House store inside the stadium. However the bigger one next to parking lot thank goodness as it was a long walk to the hotel transportation.

 I decided to venture out to Epcot later on in the day and Flower Garden festival was going on, while wet still festive.




 While I've been to Epcot before I haven't truly explored all of the countries in the World Showcase, I was surprised by Japan as I saw the original of this store in Tokyo, at the back of the store they have a Kimono section but more tourist Kimono. I'm thinking when I go back in October I might look into that as it's an excellent go to costume and they had a huge selection including the sandals and special socks.

 On Saturday I went to Magic Kingdom but wasn't feeling it. The cheerleading competition called The Summit had over 450 teams of cheerleaders in Disney World so the park was outrageously busy. Thought it was best to lay low anyway as Expedition Everest is a night run and I knew I'd need my wits about me for the scavenger hunt puzzles.

 On May the 4th, May the 4th be with you :) I headed to Hollywood Studios where I discovered Darth Mall. Which was essentially a room with t-shirts and pins and a long line. I had no idea there were tshirts and special pins each year for this Star Wars holiday. People in line were concerned the pins were sold out but alas no worries they were available at the cash. One day I need to go back for their Star Wars weekends.




 I tried out one ride I've never been on before, the Studio Back Lot tour.


A bit of warning, don't sit on the extreme left side of the train if you don't want to get wet. 
 I ventured back to Magic Kingdom as this is my favourite park and got there just in time for fireworks. The park was again ridiculously busy with long wait lines for everything so I just walked around.
 On my way out of the park I caught a parade :)

What I love about Disney World is every time I go I discover something new and I'm already looking forward to the Tower of Terror 10 miler.

Tomorrow is a busy day for me as I have my annual skin check, need to meet up with the fabulous lady helping with the clearance certificate, get a haircut and meet my friend's new baby for the first time.

Hope you had an amazing day.

No comments: