Friday, November 23, 2007

Random musings and a quiz

Happy belated Thanksgiving to my American blog friends!

Why do I have such issues with tracking lately. I start out great and then by today there are empty pages in my tracker. My dedication is on vacation. It's not like I'm crazy eating but I know to be truly succesful I need to track. I was sitting at home last night having a little self pep talk and came to the realization that if for some reason I can't get to the gym that doesn't mean I can't work out. There was a time a long, long, long time ago that I'd get home and go straight to the basement, work out and then have dinner. I really have no excuses. The other thing that's really important to remember is that one doesn't need to wait to get back on the wagon, it can happen right now.

I was amazed by Kae's results on The Biggest Loser, that girl lost 88lbs and still has a month before the final episode. Dedication pays off.

Caught the Australian Biggest Loser yesterday it was the second episode and they just got put into teams and had their first workouts and challenges but no weigh in. I thought that was weird.

I brought Lesson 2 cake to work yesterday and it was gone in an hour, apparently I work with piranhas.

Neighbour at the bus stop seemed disppointed that I wasn't carting a cake to work today, yesterday every person who got on the bus was eyeing that cake.

I'm starting to want to decorate for Christmas, which is pretty early for me. I have this burning desire to make it more traditional German inspired than ever before...what's up with that?

I need to do a lot of baking this weekend and all of it is going somewhere else.

Here's a tag I found on other blogs and thought I'd take part:

I give you money and send you into the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments.. what is it?

1. Produce: Tomatoes
2. Bakery: Dutch crunch bread
3. Meat: Ground beef
4. Frozen: Dr. Oetker Mama Mia pizza
5. Dairy: Milk

Let's say we're heading out for a weekend getaway. You're only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what's in your bag?

1. Jeans
2. Yoga t-shirt
3. My Roots Canada hoodie

If I was to listen in on your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases or words would I be most likely to hear?
1. O.K
2. Really
3. What
4. Uh huh
5. Whatever

So, what 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn't get to do, you probably wouldn't be in the best mood?
1. listen to music
2. have a period of time where I don't have to talk to anyone
3. sleep

We're talking a 3 hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
1. Reading
2. Catching up with what's on the DVR
3. Walking
4. Cooking
5. Eating

We are going to the zoo. But, it looks like it could start storming, so it'll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
1. Tigers
2. Africa exhibit
3. Gorillas

You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on t.v. of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
1. Rachel Ray (just for the snack of the day and the spinning seats)
2. Jimmy Kimmel
3. The Biggest Loser finale episode
4. This hour has 22 minutes


You're hungry for ice cream. I'll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for ya?
1. Amaretto
2. Vanilla
3. Chocolate

Somebody stole your purse/wallet…in order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what's in there?

1. Motorola razor cell phone
2. German travel pack of Kleenex (They're 4 ply)
3. WW tracker/calculator
4. MP3 player
5. Rocky Mountain soap factory coconut lip balm

You are at a job fair, and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career in. Let's pretend you have every talent and ability to be whatever you wanted, so what 4 careers would be fun for you?
1. Psychic
2. Choreographer
3. Vet
4. The person who creates the names for lipsticks

If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
1. Don't worry about what other people think
2. You're cooler than you think
3. Studying is not a bad skill to have
4. You turned out good

You try it.

No comments: