Thursday, April 03, 2014

Strength training - oh boy

Today marked my 1st strength workout of my 10 week training program.

My original plan was to go to the gym but I realized that I forgot to pack bottoms in my workout bag....oops.

However I did realize I had what I needed at home so that was my plan.

I got home changed into workout clothes and did 2 sets of the exercises and whoa am I out of shape.

It's been months since I've done any type of strength workout and it was super evident so that just fuels me even more.

Tomorrow I head back to the gym for run day 3 of this week and I'll do strength again on Saturday.  The bottoms are in the gym bag right now.

In other news I also finalized by travel details for Wine & Dine and the Avengers so 2014 is sorted with the exception of airport transfers. I was more worried about flights and hotels.

Next year I think I'll just try to do Tink and Princess (The Glass Slipper Challenge) of course if they add Star Wars I'm in for that but my focus is turning to more races inside Canada. There are some pretty cool ones like Army Run, Niagara Falls (maybe I'll attempt the full and run across the border), plus I've never done a Rock N Roll race and there is one in Montreal - I love Montreal.

I think I really want to do a Disney Cruise for Christmas, I'm still not ready to stay home for that season.

Next week in Group Grief Counselling it's momento week so I need to give that some thought.

Just short and sweet today but I do hope all of you are doing well.

Hugs!!!

No comments: