Monday, February 17, 2014

3 losses in a row

I was down 0.6lbs this week which makes 3 weeks of losses. I can't remember the last time that happened.

When I was weighing in there was a woman next to me weighing in at the same time. I heard a gasp of surprise she was down a little over 7lbs, the surprise part was she just came back from a cruise.

In the meeting she said she was down 15 lbs in 3 weeks. Another woman in the meeting said she was down 10lb in 2 weeks. No given this woman just joined and I remember my very first week of WW I was down just over 5lbs.

It's dangerous to compare yourselves to others and I always hate it when someone gets to goal and someone inevidently asks "How long", my answer to that is who cares. There are fast losers and there are slow losers at the end of the day there are losses.

Now that got me looking at my weekly tracker I'm down 2.6 lbs from when I rejoined on October 15, 2013. Yup, 4 months back at meetings and I'm down 2.6lbs. I'm down 11.8 from my very first WW weigh in and I still think of 204 as my starting weight.  Now let me be clear this is not the fault of the meeting, this is 100% my fault.

My head has not been in the game, given I'm grieving and like I said to my counsellor the minute I think I got this something throws you sideways, I'm still adjusting to being back in Calgary. My grief period was away from my friends of the past 2.5 years and while I was at site I didn't really see my Calgary based friends all that much. Not to mention adjusting to making my own meals which hasn't been so easy. Just recently have I embraced cooking again.

I started grief counselling I'm only 2 sessions in but I think that will also help me deal with the emotions of weight loss.

I've been sort of kind of following the program. My 0.6lb loss I had more days this week over 40 pts and blew my WP and daily points to oblivion so the fact I saw a loss that's just amazing.

So I had sometime to stew over this and realize I need to be far more diligent. My 42nd birthday is in June.

I want to be faster in races and quite frankly I'm tired of being fat.

I'll miss my next weigh in because I'll be in Florida but this fires me up to stay on plan and work for a solid loss when I return to weigh in on March 1st.

I know I can do this, I've done it before. This time the motivation is different. It's a slow burning fire.




No comments: