Friday, April 05, 2013

Inspiration in the strangest places


My day and a half work week flew by and I must say Bon Jovi was awesome. The made an announcement that Richie Sambora would not be performing and at that point the crowd booed but then they said they were donating $100K to the Calgary Homeless Society, then the crowd cheered and clapped.

Thankfully they played some old tunes which I am far more familiar with and at the encore they played Wanted Dead or Alive and Jon said - You Sing, then the Saddledome sang the entire first verse. It gave me chills.

I had an aha moment when they played "It's my life".

It's my life, it's now or never
I ain't gonna live forever
I just want to live while I'm alive

I found that particularly profound and in relation to my weight loss journey or lack there of lately.

I almost signed up for the Dopey Challenge, that's a 5K, 10K, Half Marathon and Marathon in 4 days. I stopped myself as that's a much better goal for 2015. Let me get through the 3 Halfs I have in 2013 first.

Today I went to get my hair cut and I also bought a new journal. A journal that's easy to take with me when I fly out. The one I have now is a little big. This is probably my 20th journal as I never finish them. I decided I need a fresh head and therefore a new journal.





I also saw this

Do you watch Game of Thrones? While I started out a Winterfell fan the spirit of Daenerys Targaryen became my favorite. 

The Calgary Comic Expo is coming soon so it's my city's answer to Comic Con, I've debating on what to wear. I'm not a costume person but I knew I needed something. 



A $10 T-Shirt to the rescue, I think I'll modify it a little as it's a men's shirt.

I'm going to shake the cobwebs out of head and get this fitness train rolling.

Hugs!!

No comments: