Saturday, February 02, 2013

An all over the place week

I will fully admit I'm not good when my routine is disrupted.

I knew this week would be different due to having to be in Fort McMurray Wednesday night, fly home Thursday 2 hrs later then normal and go into the office on Friday.

Monday was great - I got a great run in while watching Biggest Loser. Our bunk has a little gym that's just down the hall from my camp room. I've never seen it that full. It has a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, a bench and free weights. I was on the treadmill and a guy was on the bike. He watches BL so we talked a little about it while we were both working out. He agreed with my surprise the Blue team keeps surviving for a bunch of lazy complainers though still love Bob. Then one girl came and did the elliptical for a few minutes to be replace by a co-worker I know who wasn't familiar with BL so we explained it. I stayed on the treadmill for 60 min as I was timing myself to my laundry.

Tuesday I messed up. I had changed a meeting invite that's supposed to start on Feb. 12 well I goofed and it updated the meeting for this Tuesday. So I facilitated a surprise (to me) meeting. I have to admit supporting all men can be rough and I felt a wee bit picked on so after the meeting I went straight back to my camp room to re-energize.

Wednesday it was a 2 hr bus ride to Fort McMurray. At the hotel I opted for a burger and ate half but then I had the Jack n' Bananas. It was banana cheesecake deep fried in wrap with bourbon ice cream. The ice cream was a very mini scoop but I ate 3/4 of the deep fried cheesecake and then felt off. The hotel gym was open 7 am - 11 pm. Well the dessert was a mistake killed working out that night. We had to be out the door by 7:30 am. Why can't hotels have 24 hr gyms?

Thursday was an all day meeting in a meeting room that was positively freezing, the majority of people had their jackets on and we're talking winter parkas as it was a balmy -35C in Fort Mac. One girl had her mitts on. I don't if it was because it was cold or what but it was a foodapalooza for everyone. It finally warmed up as we were getting ready to leave. I didn't get home till 9 pm.

Friday I had to go into the office. Now my old boss would have given me a day off in lieu as I work a compressed work week so Mon - Thurs. New boss not so much, felt it was entirely acceptable to have me work for free, now I did volunteer to come in on Friday as it's so much easier then messing with flight changes. I get the feeling I'll be working a lot of free Fridays.

So weigh in today we had yet another sub and this one is not one of my favourites. She's like a grade school teacher who talks at you and comes off very stern. The meeting didn't respond to her at all and conversations were at a minimum. I was up .2 again and totally deserve it but I need to stop this roller coaster.

No normally I'd go to Zumba today but the weather was so nice +7C that I wanted to go outside so I went for 4 mile walk around my neighbourhood. The 4 mile walk plus the walk to weigh in, grocery shopping and the walk back made it a great activity day.

Tomorrow I start Tai Chi at the gym and I'm very much looking forward to it. I'm going to go early and get a run in first. On Monday I changed my interval to 1 min run, 1.5 min walk and it was awesome. I also find it's better when I wear my gym boss and just use the vibration as a signal to switch rather then watching the time tick down.

So this week the goal is back to basics as I'm bound and determined to have a good loss next Saturday. I have some challenges next week I actually fly home on Tuesday as I have a concert on Wednesday. This means I can check out classes at the gym during the day on Wednesday. Thursday I'm going to 2 hr seminar, so I can workout out around that and it's not a food event. Friday is a team lunch as we have a new hire in our group so I'll bring a gym bag and go after lunch.

I did decide to not do the Hypothermic Half and go to my friend's baby shower instead. I need to rethink races in Winter that need training in the coldest months. Now my training is completely focused on the Half in May and then Dumbo Double Dare in September.

Hope all of you had a good week.

Hugs!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had a lot of ups and downs lately too. Like you, the weather has been an issue for me with the running. And like you, I think for me it ends up affecting my food choices. I don't want a salad when its cold: I want warm, cheesy comfort food. Still, we're pushing forward. Your post helps me to remind myself that sometimes we all do slip, but it's the putting ourselves back on track that makes all the difference. :)