Sunday, June 29, 2014

So Tired

This was a crazy week.

I went to two concerts and worked overtime for 3 days in a row. By the time Saturday hit I was exhausted.

On Tuesday I saw Michael Buble - he's so much fun live. The opening act was Naturally 7, I have never seen them before and they were amazing. It's a 7 guy accapella group and their ability to do instruments is mind blowing.

On Wednesday I went to Cher, and the opening act was Cyndi Lauper. Fantastic show.

I had to get a new lap top and for some reason my iphone photos don't upload so I can't share the bizillion photos I took.

At one point Cher came out in her Take Back Time outfit (remember the video on the naval vessel with all the sailors). Holy she look just as good in it now at 68 then she did then. Which inspired me to post a pic on Facebook and declare I want to grow up to be her.

I can't believe I've been at the new job for a month now it feels like much longer and the days go by so fast.

On Thursday I went to Lammles to pick up the cowboy boots I ordered. There was some trouble finding them in the store but the girls in the shop were great.

Stampede of course starts this coming Friday with the annual parade.

By Friday I was running on fumes.

On Saturday I went down for a nap at 10am and woke up at 3:30pm and completely missed weigh in. D'oh. My naps are usually 90 min tops. I obviously needed the rest.

I am working tomorrow as Canada Day lands on a Tuesday, I expect it to be quiet as many will take Monday off. I need every last vacation day to over the rest of the runs in 2014. Speaking of runs, Dumbo Doubledare is 2 months away and the cough that won't die plus crazy new schedule has not helped my training.

Excuses end now, and the gym is my destination after work tomorrow.

It's been fun to read all the FitBloggin posts. This year it was in Savannah. Last year I had bow out due to my Dad passing away, this year I couldn't justify it with all the runs I wanted to do. But next year it's in Denver, so way closer for me.

Now I should  go pack my gym bag.

Hope all is well with all of you.

No comments: