Sunday, January 01, 2017

Hello 2017 - My year of Magic

Well Hello and a very Happy New Year to you.
Yes, I'm officially the worst blogger ever as I haven't posted in months. It's not that I don't think about it. I've even written draft but then time passes and the moment is lost.

Well what have I been up to since September

I found Bullet Journaling and love it, I don't use if for work. I do a monthly page for me and track thinks of interest like my Funko Pop collection, the teas I've tried at David's Tea, and of course fitness/ weight related.





I did some races. Most recently it was the Superhero Half Marathon weekend in November where I dressed in costume for the very first time. I was Captain Canada for the 5K. I didn't intend to wear the Bay's Olympic Jacket for the whole race but it was a bit chilly and we took it totally slow for this fun run.







I embraced Christmas as in I got a tree for the first time in 3 years, I got a projector light, and a light up wreath. I used to spend Christmas with Dad and this is the 4th Christmas without him so I started to figure out my traditions which combines a little of the old and a little of the new.



On the WeightWatchers front, I struggled. I missed a few meetings, gave up on tracking. I guess I'd call it a break. However I'm not throwing in the towel. I meant back to meetings on Christmas Eve and I'm more gung ho then I've been in a long time. I started using Connect on the App and I really like that. There's a whole lot of positivity on there which I very much enjoy. I've even joined a couple of challenges. Meet my new anchor :) I think he fits into the Year of Magic really well.





I've also discovered Beachbody, well it's not like I haven't ordered stuff from them before but this is the first time I've tried Shakeology and I'm enjoying it. I joined a 3 week Yoga retreat with a coach who lives in my neighbourhood. That's turned into joining the Beachbody Challenge.

I'm leaving for other races next week. I'm doing a 3/4 Dopey, everything but the marathon as I'm definitely not trained enough and don't want another DNF. I'll give Dopey on last try in 2018. So after the WDW 5K, 10K and Half I'll go down to Disneyland for my favourite race weekend - The Star Wars Light Side Marathon Weekend. Where I'll be in costume in again and this time part of a group for the 5K and the 10K, not sure if I'll keep this costuming thing up as it's a ton of work but we'll see.

Now that we're in 2017 it's time to set some new goals

Goal weight is my focus in 2017
I signed up for the Calgary Marathon in May as it's Canada's 150th Birthday.
Expand my brain, read more dust off my languages to refresh them.

I want to wish all you a very Happy New Year and I promise to be a better blogger, my goal there is at least once a week :)

No comments: