Saturday, December 26, 2015

Still a terrible blogger but feeling hopeful

Since I talked to you last....

I've been at my new job for 5 weeks and I absolutely love it. Everyone is super nice, I feel like I have my work mojo back as I'm not laying hundreds of people off but rather doing what I do best and that's helping leaders with their people.

I will miss this these people when that contract finishes, though they keep telling me things are always changing so who knows what the next year will bring.

I went to the Avengers Half Marathon weekend and had a ton of fun, and finished the 5K, 10K and Half Marathon. Had a super great day with two of my Californian friends and finally saw Phantasmic. Thrilled that I got to ride Hyper Space Mountain, otherwise known as Space Mountain.

Decided to not continue Barr as it's too expensive.

With the new job I've had to adjust to new hours as everyone works later then in my previous job. Just getting used to getting back into the swing of things took a few weeks. It's amazing how quick pajama days took over my time off.

Weightwatchers introduced a new plan called Beyond The Scale but I like to call it War on Sugar, this has taken some adjustment and made me realize I was consuming a lot of sugar. I honestly think this will be the plan to get me to goal. I absolutely adore the new 3 week trackers. Especially Jean Nidetch's quote on the cover "it's choice not chance that determines your destiny".

I actually made it to a meeting all through the Christmas holidays. My leader tells me I'd be a natural WW leader...we shal see.

Speaking of Christmas I do hope everyone had a happy and peaceful one.

This was my first solo Christmas at home since my Dad passed away, I preferred to spend it on my own but avoided most Christmas stuff. I put up very minimal decorations and avoided Christmas movies and tv shows. Instead I finished watching Star Wars Clone Wars the animated series.

I did find the days leading up to it difficult as everyone was talking about their plans with their families. I kept quiet. The last few years I'd be planning to go away so without anything like that to plan it felt different.

Speaking of going way. It only a few more weeks before I leave for Dopey. I'm not worried about the 5k, 10k and Half but the Full Marathon is freaking me out. My training has been awful since I went to Edmonton months ago. On the plus side I've done one before so I know a big part of this will be mental. I will probably be walking it and I don't care if I come in last, walk across that finish line with the balloon ladies. The important thing to me is upright and smiling as one week later I'll be off to Disneyland for the Rebel Challenge, this is my favourite Disneyland run. I plan to keep going to this one.

I won't be back in August for Dumbo Double Dare in 2016 mainly because I ran out of vacation. I will be back for Tinkerbell in May.

So from now till I leave for Dopey my focus is still on run/walks and hydration. It's going to be wicked humid in Florida.

My newly updated Windows 10 and my phone are not loading pictures at the moment but hopefully I'll get that sorted out soon.

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and I'll be back before New Years. I'm planing my goals for 2016 and I'll post them for accountability.

Talk again soon....

No comments: