Thursday, January 01, 2015

2015 - The Year of Me

Happy New Year Everyone! 

My focus this year is on making 2015 the year of me, what I mean by that is after the roller coaster of the last year and a half I finally feel calm. 

The cruise was awesome. I loved having a balcony as when I got tired of people I could escape there with a drink, a book and watch the waves go by. I will write a cruise recap but not today, probably tomorrow. 



Had zero issues with sea sickness and slept like a baby thanks to the movement of the boat. I fell in love with the sea. I loved it so much I booked another one for next Christmas. This time it was the Eastern Caribbean and next year will be the Western Caribbean. 

I started reading The Unteathered Soul by Michael Singer while on the boat. I don't find this book to be a quick read. I like to almost marinate on chapters, in fact I haven't finished it yet. It makes me think. I will finish it before I return to work on the 5th. 

Even on the boat I started to think about what I wanted for 2015. I came home to winter but feeling more positive than I've felt in awhile. 

I refreshed the blog with my favourite colour - purple. I've got a plan in place to focus on my health. I even put a budget together. I have a desire to feel sorted. 

This is my new training journal 



My New Year's Eve was low key, I ordered sushi which was something new as I would normally order pizza. I was in bed by 9pm. I planned my workouts and joined Chris and Heidi Powell's Diet Bet which starts on Saturday. I went to bed feeling blessed and grateful. 

I did gain a few pounds on the cruise as I wasn't tracking and just doing what I wanted but too be honest I was expecting far worse damage. What I did do was maintain 10,000 steps per day and I took the stairs more then the elevators and even visited the track on the Deck 12 a few times. I'm really looking forward to my WW meeting on Saturday. My tracker is front and centre. My vision board is updated. I will get to goal in 2015. I believe in myself. I'm tired of being my own enemy. 

I feel different, I feel positive, in control and strong. 

This isn't a resolution it's a goal with a plan that I've thought through. Back to the root of this blog about getting to goal and the adventure on the way there. 

I want to wish all of you a healthy, happy and fun 2015. 

Hugs!!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love all of the positive in this post! Here is to a very positive 2015!

Sonya @ Finding Drew said...

hi there.... I'm so glad you had a great cruise. I'm hoping to take one with hubby in the future. Good for you for maintaining 10000 steps a day. That's fantastic and actually a great idea (wearing a pedometer). I think I might do that on my next vacation. Good luck at your WW meeting. I'm finally tracking again after about a month of not due to my own vacation away and then the holidays on top of it. It's been hard, but I'm also ready, so lets do this together!!!