Thursday, January 19, 2012

What a week

Hello my friends,

I hope your well, I can't believe it's been 4 days since I've blogged but it's been quite the week.

It was a rough week at work and by week I mean 3 days. I have never had a week like I just had and quite frankly never want to experience that again. I don't want to dwell on the negative so that's all I'm going to say about that.

Flew home early yesterday for a team dinner and then today worked in Calgary and had a "goal translation meeting" with a social get together afterwards. I can't say I'm a fan of 3 hour meetings but today went really well.

I have not run once all week not so great. I pretty much went to bed every night beyond exhausted brought on by stress. However now that is behind me and I can focus on my weekend.

The fabulous news the deep cold (-35 with wind) is warming up and it should be +1C on Sunday which is perfect for my last long run of 10 miles. It will probably feel a bit closer to -7 but after a week of below -30 it will feel like spring.

Tomorrow I need to get sorted for the trip so I'm heading to a mall on the opposite side of the city from where I live so I can get to a Disney store. I need to make my pack list and sort out whatever can be sorted out as next weekend I'll be off to Disneyland and the Tinkerbell Half Marathon. 10 sleeps!!!!!

I did do something today that has me excited. I registered for Fitbloggin 12 . This will be my first ever blog conference and I've never been to Baltimore - heck I've never been to that end of the US. I've only been to the west side i.e California and Nevada. The other thing I'm super exited about is meeting bloggers I follow and in my head sort of think of as friends...which may sound strange but we do tend to put our heart and souls on our blogs. This also serves as an added motivation when the half marathon ends. I did choose the button that says "Getting Fit for Fitbloggin" after all.

I foresee a fair bit of yoga this weekend as well as I need to center myself and strengthen the positive.

I do hope you all have had a fantastic week so far.

Hugs!!!

No comments: